Formation of pimple in nose could be a symptom of minor or a serious infection in your nose. Whether minor or major, pimples, bumps or blisters in the nostril can really annoy you by making you feel uncomfortable.
Pimples in your nose can manifest in different signs and symptoms depending on the causal agent. They can range in size from small to large lump. The common signs and symptoms of pimple in nose include the following:
- Fluid-filled bump inside the nose
- A painful bump inside nose
- Small or large pimples in the nostril
- Single or numerous bumps in the nose
- Oozing sores that crust over the nasal skin
- Redness, tenderness, inflamed or swollen nasal cavity
Other than the above symptoms, pimples inside your nose can also accompany other strange symptoms such as:
- High fever
- Congested nasal cavity
- Headaches and pain in forehead
- Watery eyes
- Blurred vision, double vision or blind spots in vision
- Eye pain
- Bulging of eyes
- Bleeding Nose
In case you notice pimple in nose that is associated with the severe illness of your body, it is advisable to visit your doctor to help you in diagnosis and treatment.
- 1 What Causes Pimple in the nose?
- 2 What is the meaning of Painful Pimples on Nose
- 3 A blind Pimple on Nose meaning
- 4 Diagnosis and Treatment of Pimple in nose
- 5 Best Home Remedies for Pimple inside Nose
- 6 When to See a Doctor Over Pimple in nose
- 7 How can you Prevent Pimple in nose?
What Causes Pimple in the nose?
Your nose can develop pimples or bumps that resemble pimples due to various factors or causal agent. It is important for you to be conversant with the possible causes of pimples in your nose. This can help you and your doctor to reach a suitable solution for your health condition.
The common causes of pimple in nose include the following:
Structurally, your skin has tiny pores that connect to the oil glands that are located under the surface of the skin. These skin pores are also called follicles. Its function is to allow sweats, sebum, and dead skin cell to come out from your skin.
Acne or pimples may develop when the skin pores are clogged. The clogging of skin pore results in the trapping of oil, sweats, dead skin cells and harmful excretion under the surface of the skin. This may lead to redness, inflammation and swollen bumps on your skin.
Similar to any other parts of your skin, the nasal cavity has tiny pores that can develop pimples when they are clogged. The acne inside your nose can show up typically around the skin that is located near the opening of the nose.
Generally, acne in the nose is the harmless bumps that can go away after some time. However, you can treat it by exfoliating the skin surface with the help of home remedies. You can use lemon juice, sugar scrub, Aloe Vera, coconut oil and raw honey.
You can alternatively go for medical treatment in case you develop painful pimples inside nose that look worrisome. Visit the doctor to help in diagnosis and treatment.
2. Nasal Vestibulitis
Pimple in nose can appear as a consequence of nasal vestibulitis. This condition is also known as folliculitis of the nose. It may show up red painful bump inside nose. Usually, it occurs at the opening of the nostril.
The condition of nasal vestibulitis or folliculitis is caused by the infection of the hair follicle by bacteria. Staphylococcus bacteria are a causal agent of folliculitis. The habit of picking and blowing your nose often may encourage this condition.
You can treat bumps inside nose caused by folliculitis by using the prescribed anti-inflammatory and antibiotic drugs. Alternatively, use natural home remedies such as hot compress, Aloe Vera, baking soda, apple cider vinegar, and hydrogen peroxide solution.
3. Contact Dermatitis
Your nose may develop bumps or pimples inside due to contact dermatitis or allergic eczema. This condition occurs when your body becomes in contact with harmful substance or chemical that causes an allergic reaction.
Some of the allergens that can lead to itchy blisters, sores or bumps in your nose include certain cosmetic product, detergents, rubber material, pollen grain, poison ivy, and nickel in jewelry on the nose piercings.
4. Cold Sore
Cold sores or fever blisters are the small red fluid-filled bumps that can appear inside the nose. These bumps can also show up on the surface of your lips, cheeks, chin or any other parts of your mouth such as gums, tongue, and throat.
Bumps of cold sore are usually characterized by painful, burning or itchy fluid-filled bumps. These bumps may burst after few days, ooze out clear fluid and finally crust over into yellow dry scales to the affected skin area.
The infection of a cold sore is caused by herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1). This virus is highly contagious. It can spread easily through saliva during kissing, sharing of one glass of water, and touching of the contaminated surface that has the virus.
The infection of cold sores is a mild condition that may go away without treatment. In addition, a cold sore is a viral infection that cannot be eliminated with the use of drugs. However, your body can produce antibodies to fight the infection and deactivate the virus.
Once you are infected by cold sore, the virus can stay in your body in a dormant state for the rest of your life. This virus may lead to recurring pimples inside your nose.
5. A Boil inside Nose and Cellulitis
Boils, furuncles or carbuncles are large pimples or bumps that are about pea-sized. They usually show up as itchy or painful red pus-filled bumps. A boil inside nose can also lead to redness, tenderness or inflamed skin in the nasal cavity.
The infection of boils is caused by a similar group of bacteria that lead to folliculitis. It occurs when the staphylococcus bacteria attack the oil gland. The bacteria damage the tissue around the oil gland that results in inflammation and tenderness.
Chronic infection of boils on your skin can lead to a condition known as cellulitis. This is a serious skin condition that is characterized by redness, tenderness, inflamed, itchy and burning skin that spread quickly to other parts.
You can treat cellulitis and a boil inside nose by using the prescribed antibiotics drugs. If your nose has serious painful pimples like boils, visit your doctor to help in diagnosis and treatment.
What is the meaning of Painful Pimples on Nose
Similar to the causes of painful bumps in your nose, the development of painful pimples inside your nose can appear due to the infection of the boil, cellulitis, cold sore, nasal vestibulitis, and infected acne.
If pimple in nose is too painful that you cannot withstand, you can seek the help of your doctor for medical checkup and treatment.
A blind Pimple on Nose meaning
What is a blind pimple? This is acne or bump that develop underneath the skin surface. These bumps are usually less visible but you may feel it under the skin surface through touching. Blind pimples are bumps that have no heads.
Usually, blind pimples do appear on the surface of the nose but they can as well develop inside your nose. Blind pimple in nose are caused by clogged skin pore. These bumps develop from the trapped keratin, dead skin cell and oil under the skin surface.
Diagnosis and Treatment of Pimple in nose
Your doctor may diagnose pimples inside nose using various methods. Physical examination is one of the methods that your doctor might use. The doctor will ask you the following question that is related to your symptom such as:
- When did the pimples appear inside your nose?
- Is it painful or painless?
- Do the pimples ooze out pus or fluids?
- Do you feel any other symptoms like headaches and fever?
The doctor may also carry out sample test. Blood and nasal fluid sample might be taken to the laboratory for more investigation of your health problem. After diagnosis, the doctor will decide the appropriate treatment that can help to solve your health condition.
The bacterial infection of your nasal skin will be treated with the heap of prescribed antibiotics and medicated ointment or creams such as bacitracin.
Best Home Remedies for Pimple inside Nose
You can treat small and mild pimple in nose with the help of home remedies. These treatments can work effectively for bumps inside the nose that are caused by minor health issues such as acne, allergic reaction, and nasal vestibulitis.
Common home remedies for pimples inside nose include:
1. Warm Compress
Warm compressing pimples inside your nose are the best home remedy that can help to drain out and facilitate quicker healing. When the bump is located near the opening of the nasal cavity, place the warm compress direct to it. For the case of having pimples deeper in the nose, simply place the warm compress over the sideway of the nose.
According to Mayo clinic, they attribute that the heat from a warm compress may stimulate an increase in blood circulation over the affected area. This can facilitate the healing process by relieving inflammation.
How to use:
- Place warm water in a basin
- Soak a washcloth in water for few seconds
- use the soaked washcloth to warm compress the pimple in nose
- warm compress it for about 10 minutes
- repeat it three times daily until the pimples clear away
2. Salt Water
The use of salt water is a cheap and effective natural remedy that can help to get rid of pimples inside the nose. Salt has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that can help to cure skin infection that causes pimples in your nose.
How to use:
- mix 2 teaspoons of salt in a glass of warm water
- use a cotton ball to apply it to the affected parts of the nose
- rinse it after 20 minutes
- repeat to apply it three times daily for few weeks until the pimples in your nose clear away
3. Aloe Vera
Try to use Aloe Vera a home remedy for pimples inside the nose. Aloe Vera contains antibacterial, antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties that can help to treat pimples in your nose.
How to use:
- Get warm water in a basin and clean the affected skin area
- Pat dry your nose with a towel
- Apply the Aloe Vera to the affected skin area
- Repeat this steps three times daily until the bumps inside nose go away
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is an effective home remedy that you use to get rid of pimples inside the nasal cavity. It has the antibacterial, antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties that can help to treat pimples on your skin.
How to use:
- Get 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- Soak the cotton ball in the solution
- Apply it to the affected parts of the nose
- Rinse it after 20 minutes with cold water
- Repeat this procedure three times daily until the pimple in nose go away
5. Lemon Juice
Using lemon juice is an excellent home remedy that can help to exfoliate your skin and get rid of pimples. The lemon juice has antiseptic properties that can help to kill bacteria and fungi that may cause skin infections.
How to use:
- Get 1 fresh lemon fruit
- Cut it into halves and squeeze to extract the juice
- Apply the juice to the affected parts of your skin
- Rinse it after 15 minutes
- Repeat this treatment three times daily until the pimples inside your nose clear away
6. Coconut Oil
The antiseptic and anti-inflammatory ability of coconut oil makes it be a good home remedy to remove pimples, bumps, or boil inside the nose.
How to use:
- Clean your nose with a washcloth
- Apply the coconut oil to the affected parts
- Allow it to stay on your skin for the whole day or night
- Repeat this steps twice daily until the bump in nose go away
When to See a Doctor Over Pimple in nose
It is advisable to see your doctor in case you notice the following conditions that include:
- Blurred vision or double vision
- Bleeding Nose
- Uneven pupils
- Severe or chronic pain in the nose
- Congested nose
Your doctor can help to fix your health problem through suitable diagnosis and treatment methods.
How can you Prevent Pimple in nose?
You can prevent pimples in your nose using the following tips
- Avoid the habit of picking and blowing your nose often
- Use a clean handkerchief to clean your nose
- Avoid the sharing of a handkerchief with others
- Maintain good skin hygiene around your face
- Eat a balanced diet to build your immune system
- Pimples inside nose: https://www.healthline.com/health/pimple-inside-nose
- Causes of pimples in the nose: https://www.livestrong.com/article/151105-what-causes-pimples-in-your-nose/
- Treatment of pimples in the nose: https://noskinproblems.com/pimple-inside-nose/
- Home remedies for pimples in the nose: https://www.healthyandnaturalworld.com/pimple-in-nose/